The final dimension that I believe differentiates a great business leader from those who just manage their teams is how they execute. The great ones don’t just do the work, they GET IT DONE! No ifs, ands or buts.
“Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.”
Here are some of the qualities that make a true leader stand out from the crowd.
In no specific order, a leader….
1. Makes the tough decisions that others can’t
2. Is resourceful
3. Knows how to take action
4. Values his/her time and the time of others
5. Manages KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
6. Understands the importance of multi-tasking
7. Determines the necessary ROI (Return On Investment)
8. Delegates responsibilities according to core competencies
9. Sets goals
10. Sets up the team to succeed
11. Takes charge when the situation demands it
12. Develops the action plan
13. Foresees obstacles and has a contingency plan
14. Maneuvers through tough times
15. Builds trust and morale
16. Manages the team, resources, information, execution and delivery
17. Sets an achievable timeline
18. Raises the bar and brings out the best in everyone
19. Encourages cross-training
20. LEADS BY EXAMPLE
If you have any comments, please write them below. If you’re interested in a consultation or have questions, please email me at Robert@RobertFinkelstein.com.